Member Home Contact Us Articles Quizzes Reviews Free Resources The Upswing Pros All Poker Training FAQ Logout

What is Quartered in Poker?

« View All Poker Terms

Getting quartered in poker is fairly common in hi/lo variants, and it happens when one player has the high hand, but chops the low with another player. This means that one player will get 75% of the pot, while the other gets quartered, getting 25%. See if you can tell who gets quartered in this situation:



Player 1:

Player 2:


Player 2 gets quartered, since Player 1 claims half the pot with quad fives, and chops half the pot with Player 2, since they both have the nut low

« View All Poker Terms

Note: If you want to win at poker, you need a solid preflop strategy. This free Preflop Guide includes 8 easy-to-read charts and crucial tips that will help you play like a pro before the flop. Get it now!