Read-up on poker current events for July 2017.
Your friends here at Team Upswing have enjoyed bringing our readers timely front page poker strategy and news articles throughout the month of July. Fresh off an all-out swim party at the Surrender nightclub in Las Vegas and a healthy dose of #WSOOL, the Empire now looks forward to a Poker Night in America “King of The Hill” matchup with 14-time World Series of Poker bracelet winner Phil Hellmuth at the Rivers Casino in New York. So as we turn the page on what has been yet another historic month for the game of poker, here’s a look at 10 Upswing Articles to Read This Weekend.
1. Poker Training was a big deal this summer at the World Series of Poker Main Event, as Doug Polk spent time with Dan Ott before the Pennsylvania pro was awarded $4.7 million upon finishing runner-up in the world’s largest poker tournament. George Mathias discusses the importance of collaboration in his Ultimate Guide to Poker Training in 2017.
2. Applications of No Limit Hold’em author Matthew Janda has kept busy in recent months providing expert insight to serious poker pros who are constantly seeking to improve their skills at the tables. His latest Upswing Poker contribution is a MUST READ for those looking for an in-depth Small Bet Size Strategy Guide. Janda’s work is among the most sought-after by high stakes poker endbosses, and his new No Limit Hold’em for Advanced Players book is flying off the virtual shelves over at the TwoPlusTwo forums.
3. Did German phenom Fedor Holz really just win another high roller poker tournament? That’s the word from Hong Kong as the Primed Mind CEO hauled in $440,000 in this month’s Triton Series, so Confirmed… Retired Poker High Roller Wins Another Fortune at the Tables.
4. Heads-up poker is back on the menu as a push towards televised poker competition makes its way to Rivers Casino Schenectady with a Poker Night in America live stream featuring our very own Doug Polk alongside $21 million live poker tournament prize winner Phil Hellmuth, high stakes world traveler Dan ‘Jungleman’ Cates, and mixed game specialist Frank Kassela.
The foursome will battle it out in a $200,000 winner-take-all poker contest to be broadcast on Twitch. Action begins Tuesday, August 22nd. Find out more by checking out our Poker Night King of The Hill writeup.
5. Team GrindNation has engaged an increasingly-informed poker community with its exclusive #RakeIt campaign this year, and continues to fill the poker airwaves with quality content for fans of all ages, genders and skill levels. If you’re interested in following along with some of the biggest names in live streaming poker entertainment, read this article to discover Who is Team GrindNation?
6. Medical Doctor to be Thomas Pinnock has returned this month with a step-by-step guide on How to Play Preflop Multiway Pots. The Australian GTO wizard includes advice on the ever-popular Squeeze Play as well.
7. Upswing Poker PLO coach Fernando Habegger has been steadily rising in popularity since launching his YouTube channel, but is under the weather this week despite an abundant front-door shipment of MILFy Whey protein powder. Find out all you need to know about the Swiss poker pro in this PLO Expert Fernando Habegger Profile.
8. George Mathias talked with highly regarded YouTube Poker vlogger Andrew Neeme this month as the Las Vegas live pro shared the WSOP atmosphere with his 60,000+ subscribers. Get to know the cash game rounder in this Favorable Interview with Andrew Neeme.
9. Want a recap of the latest 2+2 NVG communications from veteran and new posters alike? We have you covered with our TwoPlusTwo News, Views & Gossip Report that reviews a wide range of topics from the PokerStars Rewards launch to an apparent $2 million USD debt which is being shrugged-off by King’s Casino owner Leon Tsoukernik.
10. Doug Polk shared two percent of his 2017 WSOP Net Profit with social media followers this month via his Giveaway that attracted over 200,000 entries. Who won the $25,000 Grand Prize? Read who the lucky winners were in our Poker Millionaire Gives Away $30,000 Cash article.
David Huber (known as “dhubermex” online) has been involved in the poker industry for more than a decade. He currently assists several poker and gaming entities as a researcher, writer, and consultant. Former Editor-in-Chief & Head Moderator of online tournament rankings site PocketFives (2006-2011).