Today on Joey’s Podcast, our hero, and your favorite, Douglas WCGRider Polk!
Doug started playing poker online in high school. He grinded mostly 6-handed No Limit Hold’em cash games online. Once he started playing higher stakes Doug decided to move over and play heads up.
Always one to challenge himself, Doug has played and beaten the best in the world. In 2013 he took on the three best players in the world in Isaac “Ike” Haxton, Alex “Kanu7” Miller, and Ben “Sauce123” Sulsky, with finished with impressive results.
In the fall of 2013 Doug took on Sauce123 in a 15,000 Hand, $100,000 Side bet heads up Challenge. He won in convincing fashion:
Winning almost a million dollars with side bets.
The next year Doug set his site on Live Tournaments.
He snagged his first bracelet as well as a win in a $100,000 buy-in tournament at the Bellagio for $1,600,000. To date Doug has $4.8 Million in live tournament earnings.
Finally, in 2015 Doug took on robots. The best minds in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning had created a Heads Up Poker Bot. It was dubbed the “Brains vs AI challenge” hosted at The Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh. WCGRider was the captain of the “Brains”. Over the two week challenge Doug played 20,000 hands and ended up winning $213,671
On the Podcast today:
- Doug takes his shirt off
- Talks about eating right and exercise
- Brian Hastings Multiaccounting Scandal
- Moving up through the limits
- High Stakes Private games in Asia
- Living and playing poker in Vancouver
- Goings on in the live tournament circuit
- Heads Up Power rankings
- Playing in the Poker Central $400/$800 Cash Game
- High Stakes Prop Bets
- Playing the $500,000 Tournament in Las Vegas this summer
- Almost winning a bracelet
- His 9 hour WSOP heads up war with James Woods
- And much more!